14.6.10

Come On--Caaaammmm

Come on inspiration! I know you're there! Every single day I'm being exposed to new places, people, activities, mindsets and cereal flavours! Where's the spark and stroke of genius that I naively believe I once possessed? Why all this silence? Well..a small triumph-- I wrote a song! And HECK, since I have nothing better to write, let me share they lyrics with the small handful of you that still fumble and stumble and bumble along to this page. It's called The Fence.


There's a fine line between love and jealousy
Between fighting for your time
and fighting for your love
and letting you be

What do you want from me? 
What can I give to you 
To make you love me?
Just like you already do.

There's a gray space between
where your plans end and where mine begin
Between shutting you out
and letting you down
and bringing you in

There's a fine line between apathy and chill
between sitting back, relaxing,
or hitting a standstill.

There's a gray space between a push and a pull
Well whatever the case may be
I don't feel very comfortable.

We can't take back 
the time we spent
Not making up our minds
Sitting up on the fence


I need to get out and meet more people people. More Real people. Less BS and more COOL. Less like who I slip into being and more like the person I'd rather become.  More people who have some sort of discretion for who they call friends, and yet treat everyone as potentials.  More people who speak truth. More people I can trust.

grr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!