5.6.10

Teeth of the Wise

My wisdom teeth are coming in.

of course, I could have said that a weekend two years and two weeks ago too. For it was on said weekend while i was camping that suddenly in the bitter cold of 4am, my wisdom teeth caused some of the most excruciating pain I had felt since...the last time I teethed. I was forced to emerge from the warm tent and wander aimlessly sucking on ice cubes until I could no longer stand the bite of the cold against my gums. I'd then spit them out and breathe vigorously as the brainfreeze set in. All this as I went from campsite to campsite stumbling out of the trees to ask anyone who was awake for a couple tylenol, holding my head in my hands. I was eventually given a whole bottle of tylenol 3's or something, which over the course of 8 hours i downed half of.

I would become psychotically depressed for a few weeks after this until the tylenol worked its way out of my bloodstream.

Exactly two years later, it happened again.

and now two WEEKS later, i'm once again away from home, and my jaw is killing me. NO i will not go to the dentist. NO i will not go to the front desk of the hotel and ask if they have tylenol. NO. If my teeth want to fight me, i'll fight back.


I need to find something to do tonight. This is gonna be a long summer. But usually we say that with a smile.


Woohoo for movies and music and books. How's it goin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!