9.1.10

Here We Go

I'm so good at sleeping in. It's on my resumé right below 'expert music listener'. I'm a little nervous for school only because I'll have to wake up at EIGHT AM. That's just not how I roll. I'm sure 74% of people reading this were up before then yesterday, but only a gifted handful of people can stay up until 4am for no reason and accomplish nothing and not be bored.

Either way, structured days will help me stay organized, as I've started tutoring as a part-time job. GO me. Plus we are going to be playing a lot more open mics and acoustic shows this semester. Hopefully this all keeps me busy enough that I don't 1) join a gang, or 2) get bored. Boredom kills me a little, I think. Perhaps I'll get back to my regular writing schedule by then.

Things I hope to accomplish this semester:

  • write that book
  • find that passion
  • make that plan
  • fix that GPA
  • fix this body
  • fix this mind
  • write those songs
  • meet those people
  • cook those meals
  • Smile


TEGAN AND SARA TONIGHT!        YES.


I have to say that New Years is now my favourite Holiday of the year. Why? There's no garbage attached to it. No one has to buy gifts or cards. You can spend it however you want! Wanna go out drinking? GO! Want to go to a movie! GO (see Up in the Air) Want to play Parcheesi with the cat lady? DEFINITELY.  There's only one rule. You MUST stay up until midnight. Don't be that person. It's a pretty phenomenal concept that every moment passes forever. We don't go backwards. Every moment that has already happened is concrete, static, unchanging. What's done is done. Crazy. With that in mind, we can really only ask two questions:

1) Why?
...Why not? Don't waste your energy questioning what has happened.

2) What's next?
Dunno.


I really hope this is a good year. It's up to me, I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. that's quite the list you have there. very specific, and stuff. haha. like it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!