23.2.10

Angry. Not A Good Day. Don't Want To Talk.

I am NOT happy. It's mostly unjustified, but almost every article in the paper and every customer at safeway tonight is just grating on my nerves. I want so badly to rant about government's insincerity, the naive public who thinks that will ever change, and stupid people who aren't worth the food they buy at safeway--even though it's on sale--- DO NOT TAKE THE BOTTOM APPLE FROM THE STACK. WHAT DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN? And how can you possibly be mad at ME for that? Go home. Your kids need help, if basic physics boggles you.


Don't read the following rant. Now you've been warned.



I want to rant about religion. Holy hell, what is wrong with people? I drove past a church today, and like so many churches, they have those obnoxious signs that are supposed to show inspiring messages. This particular message read:

" 'Last time things were this bad, I sent a Flood'
-God"

Hey Church--Screw you! God didn't say those words, you said them. You wanna put words in God's mouth now? Who gave you that right? Or did God actually write that on the wall of your church in front of the preacher? Pics or it didn't happen. That's a really disgusting marketing scheme, too. Stick to the bible! Don't go Catholic on us and try and instill fear in the passing drivers so that maybe we'll pop in next sunday and pray to God that he doesn't send another flood.

I can just imagine all the church goers throwing out an 'amen' as they walk past the sign into church. Gross. Reminds me of the time I saw a whole congregation convinced there used to be giants because archeologists found 'really big beds' and so then it must be true. Everyone nodded and smiled, utterly and pathetically convinced. I don't care if there were giants. Maybe there were. But don't be convinced by a sermon where the pinnacle of proof is big beds. Beds. That marked the end of religion in my life.

Don't Confuse Religion with Spirituality. Don't confuse Church with God. Entirely different.


There's things we'd all like to believe are true about God. But don't even think for one second you actually KNOW anything about him. What you've got is called a hunch. Or faith..which is holding on to something in the absence of knowledge. 

I better stop now before I say what's really on my mind. I'm not out to insult anyone.If you feel insulted by this, then that would mean you disagree with something I've said, and that's not my issue. That's yours.





2 comments:

  1. excellent rant! loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cannot say enough how you expressed my own feelings through your rant. i've always said, i believe in the existence of God, but i have no need to prove my beliefs to anyone--especially through church

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!