20.2.10

Spicy Song Of The Week

Ok guys, this is exciting! We recorded and mixed one of our new songs over the last few months, and then sent it off to New Jersey to get mastered. I still don't understand what mastering is. My job is to play guitar and sing... so that's what I do. And the final product is pretty sweet, so I'm happy with it.

Here's the catch...we aren't releasing this song until next saturday, but I wanted to include it here so that when I make the playlist available for download, it would be included!

Darcy likes to introduce this song on stage by saying, "this is the song about how I have no friends." Okay, Darcy...well if it mean we keep writing songs like this, then no friends for you.


Tic Toc
Walking Backwards
Walking Backwards




!! I finished my paper, which brings my list accomplishments to 4 out of 36 tasks complete! Woot. woot......gah.


Do you guys remember passing notes in class? And there was a cool way that girls would always fold them. They were almost boy-proof: if a boy tried to open them, they'd just rip them and then the secret message would be lost for.ev.er. Notes were a big deal. Passing them between classes, asking girls out, getting denied, and managing inter-group relations and other junior high drama. Doodles, codes, games, ahhh good times..

BUT.

I just talked to a few girls in grade 10, and they didn't know how to fold notes. They couldn't do the triangle or the square. In fact, they didn't even really pass notes at all!
WHAT? A keystone of any childhood! Gone?!

Guess why. Cellphones. All these kids have cellphones. They just text. It's safe, its secure, and it's more efficient than passing it three desks over hoping the creep in the middle doesn't read it. (I was that creep sometimes. I read them).

Sad revelation. Please teach your younger siblings how note passing works. We can't let this die.

Ok that's enough from me. Time to go be sociiiaall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!