10.2.10

Spicy Song Of The Week

Life is good. And I don't know why. I could list off the usual 1.2 million reasons why I should just go back to bed, but inexplicably, I am good. Good.

This week I learned what empathy feels like, and let me tell you it's a brutal feeling. But I don't need to tell you that, since you have all been experiencing moments of sharing people's pain for years now. I'm just playing catch-up, I guess. I have definitely been reminded that I'm alive.

---


Me: I'm probably going for coffee with a girl on Thursday!

Someone else: Cool. Just probably? Do you think it will work out?

Me: Well, she has plans to be in school for the next 6 years, but she's hoping to stay at the University of Calgary, so there's potential. Plus she's really into a lot of the same things as me, and we've really hit it off already!

Someone else: ..no..Josh...will the COFFEE DATE work out?

Me: Oh....yeah.

Trying to not let things get to my head. But I just did a simple calculation: The last time I was starting a relationship, I was 16. I'm turning 22 this year. I'm very nervous about still seeming like i'm that old now. Because that was 6 years ago. That feels wrong. Scary stuff. 

This is Spicy Song Of The Week Number Twenty Four! When I hit 25 (next week...), I will figure out how to put them all up for download as a playlist! That way you can take some Spicy Songs with you as you go about your day.

This band reminds me of being 16. I really didn't like being 16. At least, I don't like the thought of being 16. I'm glad I'm not anymore. Just saying. This song is off the second disc of In Your Honor, which is acoustic-based and very light...interesting move for a band born out of Nirvana. I give you Foo Fighters..and Norah Jones. What kind of collaboration is that? These guys were the second concert I ever went to...after Linkin Park....oh my.

Foo Fighters & Norah Jones
In Your Honor
 




1 comment:

  1. This is the best conversation ever.I totally do that too, no worries.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!