30.9.09

I Miss My Sister

My younger sister, Teja, has been gone three months as part of an exchange trip. She just left Quebec, and now she's off to Mali for the remaining three months. The wonderful picture of autumn was taken by her before she left for Africa. Teja is one of those people who consistently shows me up in everything, including academics. She is super hard working, too wise, and a great friend. We need more people like Teja in our lives, that's for sure. But she ain't dead, she's just saving the world one day at a time. So let's stop talking like it's a freakin' eulogy.

Instead, let's make fun of her.



Ah yes...there's the Josh we know.

A long while back (three years ago?), we were taking care of our two much-younger siblings, and had just finished putting them to bed. She, of course, did most of the work, and I did whatever I felt like. In this case, it was playing Playstation. Anyone else have trouble pausing Turok to do chores?

"Hey, Teja," I said, as she came down the stairs after putting the kids to bed, "The dog needs to go out." I almost never refer to the dog by its name, Ginger, for fear that it might think I like it. And to think I spent HOURS arguing with my parents when I was 10 about how it was terribly unfair and outright dumb that we couldn't have a cute widdle puppy dawg to pway wif when we gots home from book-learnin'. But that fad died and the dog lives on. So here we are, 8 years later, and I don't even want to walk outside and watch it pee. Can ya blame me?
Sshh.

"Josh, you take her out. I'm going to feed her after."

"Nah..you can take her out too. I'm busy."

"I have a TON of homework to do and dishes aren't done yet!"

"Ok," I sighed. I can be reasonable. "Tell you what. We'll flip a coin. Heads, I win. Tails, you lose. Aight?"

"...fine. But if I win, you're feeding her--and doing the dishes too."

"Ok."

And so I flipped that quarter and let it land right on the floor so she would know I hadn't rigged this in any way.

"Tails. You lose."

"Gah!" she said, as she went to grab a leash.

I chuckled to myself evilly as I realised I was getting away with this.

(If you haven't figured this out already...this joke's on you too)

As she's heading out the door, she throws a glance at me and sees my suspicious smile. Her eyes widen and she gasps. "Wait a minute!"

Oh no, I thought. She's figured it out.

She walked towards me with an outstretched hand, brows furrowed. "Let me see both sides of that coin!"


Miss you lots!
Also...

*~^~^~50th Post~^~^~*
Booya.

1 comment:

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!