28.9.09

The Value of Randomness

If you go somewhere expecting something meaningful or amazing to happen, something probably will happen.

Not that anything would have happened differently.

You would have just noticed it.

Or maybe, it would have happened differently.

I can convince myself that if i stand at a bus stop and keep waiting, I'll eventually find a reason why i needed to come here. If you can make an impromptu decision to go some random place, sit on some random bench, or call some random friend with the idea that it will be working towards some yet-to-be discovered goal or solution, you'll probably end up finding the meaning in that situation that was there all along. It's a fine line between self-fulfilling (if you expect it, you'll find it) and stopping to smell the roses ('it' was there the whole time).

When you have an urge to do something random, follow it with the understanding that you'll probably be able to learn something from it or gain something--possibly by helping someone else out. It's a cool thought, anyways. It makes life more exciting when you assume there's more going on than you initially perceive.





Just remember, Randomness is the name of this game.


I guess I've recently met a few people who seem to have really rigid and structured lives, and I'm just confronted with the idea that we should all relax a little bit, take a step back, and therefore notice a little more detail about whatever it is we fill our days with.

I'll probably come back to this idea later. Also, you can expect to see some edgy, opinionated posts that will make you want to steal passifiers from babies and break your grandmas best china that she only uses 'when important people come over' (well then what does that make me?) because it'll be so cynical. Actually, it won't make you feel like that at all (or at least it shouldn't)....but I wish my words had that kind of power. Because if I can't use the china, then no one can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!