27.9.09

Spicy Song Of The Week

I'm not gonna lie. I'm still not over last week's Spicy Song Of The Week. Perhaps it's because it got a late start...more likely, though, is that Manchester Orchestra is SO AWESOME!

But I don't want to hurt the feelings of this week's love, so we'll move along, like rebound relationship that actually ends up working out. This week I urge you more than ever to listen to this song. They are also in my top six favourite bands. They are a fall and winter band in mood. On Friday, I'll be seeing them play at SAIT!

Caught By The Window

Described my most as heartfelt, melodic, and fervent, they speak to me. For the past four years, once the snow begins to fall, I start listening to these guys, and I lose myself in it. Granted, their most recent record is nothing special, but it doesn't take away from their previous work. If you can sit on the couch with a blanket around you, mug of steaming tea in hand, and listen to this song while staring out into the cold gray abyss that is settling over the city, your life will temporarily be complete. Now I understand it's a bit early to be talking of snow, and I apologize for that....however, don't be ridiculous. It's cold out there. Sersly.





3 comments:

  1. I am currently listening to your spicy (fantastically mellow?) song of the week, a steaming cup of earl grey in one hand and a ritz cracker in the other. As I enjoy the mellowness and simultaneous awesome of this song, my mind is plagued with thoughts of the fast-approaching winter. And speaking of the plague, I am feeling like death right now. Colds suck. But on the bright side, this song makes you just want to step out of yourself for a second to just enjoy the music, the tea, and of course, the ritz. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you know that your music player doesn't play 'Alright'?
    it plays 'Don't Waste Your Breath'!! haha also a great song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fixed! Thanks...I meant to have it as 'Don't Waste Your Breath' but wrote the wrong title.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!