23.9.09

Spicy Song Of The Week



Checking this blog this week probably invoked the same emotion as logging into facebook and seeing no glowing white '1' in your inbox. I know, right? Worst feeling ever. And no matter how many times you hit 'refresh' this week for my blog, (almost) nothing happened. That is my fault. School is actually taking up time this year. I studied, too (I went to the library, and realised there were no white people). Don't hold it against me though, because this new Spicy Song of the Week is awesome and a half.
In My Teeth
Manchester Orchestra
Mean Everything To Nothing

This band opened for Silversun Pickups, and completely stole the show. Their radio single is 'I've Got Friends.' I reccomend Shake It Out, but wasn't able to upload it for some reason[EDIT: NOW UPLOADED TO PLAYLIST]...(There's also a new player at the bottom...and it plays automatically. It'd be awesome if you are reading this at work on in class and scrolled right down to the bottom...surprise!)


Anyways

The lead singer is like 250 lbs and has a massive head and beard of red frazzled hair. You half expect him to come trumbling out of the woods with a dead deer over one massive shoulder, and a can of gasoline in the other hand. Why gasoline? In case he gets thirsty, I assume. Or to light you on fire for not dancing to his songs. But here's the kicker. He's actually got this high pitched kiddish voice, which makes him a huge teddy bear, right? The keyboardist is black, tripping out on stage (and yet i'm 100% sure he wasn't on anything) and the drummer was bursting with originality. Listen to it loud...in fact, make everyone listen to it with you. Please go into the library with a stereo and blast this song at top volume. I think it would sound best there.

Some quick pointers: They are not an orchestra. And they are not from Manchester. So erase your expectation and prepare to be blown away.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!