2.9.09

Life....oh that four letter word.

This post is all about home.


So I've spent the last few days mind-numbingly sick. Quade forced some random unmarked pills down my throat today, so hopefully by tomorrow i'll be feeling a bit better.


And yet in spite of my deathly sickness, i've been in a really good mood. Part of it is because when I went to bed at 8:30pm last night, it was dark. Like Winter-Style. It's coming guys. sorry. but it is. I'm not at all ready for the snow and wind, but i like the dark. It makes the house feel warmer, the indoor lights shine brighter. Sunshine, butterflies, and rainbows: no thanks. NEEDING a hot cup of tea as soon as I stumble in from the biting cold...mmm.

I'm also in a good mood because I'm feeling good about my situation right now. After an interesting and inexplicable weekend of viewing life in a more long term and "anything is possible" and "where will I be in three years" kind of way, I realised that , I could name four friends who had called me, talked to me, messaged me, or texted me in the last 12 hours. and quade was happily playing a new song he had written downstairs. Tonight, I thought, i'm happy. I can't try and predict where I'll be or what I'll be doing in even a year. I'm in school (with a degree in mind), i'm in a band (which has only recently become a very positive experience), and I'm attempting to meet new people and get a 'real' job. I'm even writing music again. That's good enough for now....if only I could stay healthy. Pass the unmarked medication.


Wait...hold on. I have to back up the part where I said I've been in a really good mood. Scratch that. I've only been in a really good mood when I'm at home. Every day when I go to Safeway, I suddenly get extremely bitter and frustrated about everything. My co-workers are now seeing a side of me that I didn't even know I had. I don't exactly know why EVERYTHING is sending me into an angry rage, but I don't like it. I'm usually the happy carefree guy. not the guy who throws a half box of asparagus across the cooler into the garbage because someone couldn't bother to put out a WHOLE box of asparagus. you can ALWAYS put out the whole box of asparagus! And why did Bob (the manager) order 7 cases of CABBAGE? CABBAGE!! It'll take weeks to sell that much! GYAH!

brreeaaaattthhheee...


but as soon as I get home and hear Quade telling lame jokes and watch Darcy crunching the latest financial statistics about how much money we are spending, I can relax. West Swine Nile flu or not, I'm living a good life....for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!