13.12.09

Spicy Song Of The Week

Guys. It's Sunday already. And you know what that means.


NOTHING. Sleep in, take the day off...don't make plans today. It's winter, you should sleep. That reminds me... there's this awesome band called Wintersleep. Hey, why don't I just make them the Spicy Song Of The Week! Brilliant!


Wintersleep
Welcome To The Night Sky

I've seen this band play and I only have one things to say about their show:

Don't see it. Like seriously, sooo disappointed. Wintersleep dudes, if you're reading this, let me try and explain to you that playing the song is more important than stopping to tune. I might not even notice a change in the sound, but you look like an idiot standing on stage tuning, looking like you'd rather be anywhere else. You better feel privileged that I still consider you one of my top 6 favourite bands!
I had high hopes. You dashed my dreams. Take it back.


[Tuning. He might have actually played, too..but I missed it.]




[You'd think this was just a bad picture with that facial expression, 
but I assure you...his face was not normal. 
Sharpies and white glue at least.]


[Seriously lacking rockstar quality? Yea..kinda.]


But I LOVE their two CDs. The first one is something I'll pretty much only listen to through headphones because it sounds like songs written about and for stalkers. It's really creepy stuff, but soo well done. The second album, Welcome To The Night Sky, is just a solid album. front to back, top to bottom, inside to out.

Last year, I forgot to show up for one of my finals. Well...it's not so much that I forgot, but more like I didn't know what day it was, and didn't bother checking. Then like a fool one morning around this time last year, I woke up in a panic (at like noon) and checked exam schedule. I had missed my Religion final. I wrote him an email using phrases like "I confess my irresponsibility" and "if you could forgive" and other religiously based words. Maybe it was my vocabulary, or my dashing good looks, but he did let me come in and write the finals, giving me a solid three days to learn the whole course. Close call! Go check your exam schedule again right now! And study!

Kids, don't be like me. It's too exciting. You can't handle.

Speaking of exciting, I just boiled some eggs. Dinner is serrrrved.
Just kidding..it's actually my third dinner today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!