2.12.09

Crappy Newspapers Report Crappy News Stories Crappily

I don't really care if you like CFL (that's Canadian Football, unfortunately. Not College Football.). That's fine. But the idea of hyping up the idea of EIGHT TEAMS competing to be named the BEST is a bit laughable.

Seriously? This is exciting? When you look at the numbers and stats, it's not even close to interesting. But on Grey Cup day, the teams and fans get ansty and pysched and nervous and edgy, and i'm sure that makes for a very interesting game. However, I was too busy cutting my fingernails to tune in. Priorities, you know.

But anyways I just wanted to give you a glimpse of just how action packed and hardcore CFL is (small inaudible scoff), given the Grey Cup game last weekend. With Montreal's come-from-behind-last-minute-holy-cow-i-can't-believe-that-just-happened victory against those melonheaded Saskatchewan Roughriders, it made for some emotionally packed moments after the game as both teams tried to comprehend what had just happened. I thought you ought to see just how exciting the after math was:

This is how the winner reacted:


"I'm so disappointed that I wasn't in the NFL when this happened so more than 29 people could see me win. Plus, I bet against us in my betting pool."


Aaand this is how the loser reacted:



"I'm so disappointed that the NFL will never draft me after my loss to Montreal!"


Holy. I know, right? I wish I had been there too, given the intensity of the pictures. I think what happened here is the players felt strong emotion about their win/loss, and didn't know how to handle it, so they just fell down. Poor guys.

I make fun of this purely because as Francisco and I were sitting in A&W on 'break', we read the newspaper, and the Calgary Sun felt that these two pictures were the best choices for showing the very different reactions from both teams. Well put, Calgary Sun. So articulate. So intelligent.

It's okay guys, we'll make up for our Football league by winning the STANLEY CUP.

haha...hm.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!