27.12.09

Spicy Song Of The Week

I love when you go on a music downloading/buying spree and find some really cool bands that you've never heard of and never get radio play. Then you grow to love them, show them to a few close friends, and add them to various party playlists and everyone says "Wow, cool song. Who is this?" and you say the band name and they neither recognize it nor can they pronounce it properly and you're thinking "that's right, I'm amazing."

I think everyone has one or two of these friends who seems to produce amazing bands out of thin air that immediately begin to define you. I have a couple of these too, which is why I was pretty excited when I discovered Mother Mother before they suddenly started getting a whole bunch of radio play here. I wouldn't at all say they define me even a little bit, but this song is pretty awesome.

O My Heart is pretty infectious and catchy. In this way, it sadly stands out from the rest of this album to the point where they felt obligated to name the whole album after this song.  They seem to be a pretty eclectic band, quite out there. I definitely think that people have crossed the street to avoid these people. You can just hear this quirky frantic intensity in each instrument. 

But this point is,  I had it on my iPod before I even knew who they were. In fact, I still have no idea who they are...but I know this song! HAH.

Mother Mother
O My ♥


I also recommend these other songs from this album: Body Of Yours, Arms Tonite

As a side note, I went and saw Up In The Air, and absolutely loved it. George Clooney's Character resonated with me in certain ways. Escapism, travel, callousness, being rational, impersonal, and the love being important. Being suddenly caught up in a girl.

GYAH. Typing nearly killed me today and there were so many spellkings mistskaes that I hads to coreetc.

2 comments:

  1. this is a great song.
    btw, i like how you recommended other songs on the album like I do with my Album of the Week posts. When I pick up this album I will definitely check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yea I thought of you. Won't be a regular thing though. That's how YOU roll. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!