17.10.09

Nick nick nick na-nick nick nick, Nickelodeon!

I have this tendency to stay up until 2 or 3 AM and it sure does make it hard to get out of bed in time for class. When I do manage such a feat, I have to thank my alarm clock for it's persistent effort. It is entirely irreplaceable/unreplaceable. Suffice to say, if this alarm clock was broken or stolen,....oh no. I just searched ebay, amazon, and some black market chinese imports site for my alarm clock---and they aren't for sale anymore!
LIFE! WHY ME?!

You don't understand: I've never owned another alarm clock! I got it for christmas in 1995. I was 7 years old, and my parents were tired of waking me up for school every morning. This isn't just any alarm clock, either:



Ok, so it's a little bit obnoxious and extremely painful to wake up to this ruckus every morning, but I've developed a reflex so that my hand pounds the Big Red Button when the tiny electronic 'click' of the sound loop beginning. I don't actually ever hear my whole alarm. Unless I forget to turn it off after hitting 'snooze', and then nine minutes later it blasts out its tune again when I come back to my room from the shower.

I find it extremely difficult to watch the above video because that combination of sounds makes my heart pound as I search for a Big Red Button to pound to plastic pulp with a palpitating heart. I've probably lost hours off my life from waking up in such a state of terror and shock.

To think of all the big moments and days my alarm clock has woken me up for. The first day of grade four, when I went to private school and everyone hated me because of my ugly haircut (HAH NO I will not post a photo), the day I got my license, my first date, my last date, my first day of university. Today.

I love rolling over in the morning and the first thing I see: my alarm clock, there beside me. Loving me unconditionally. Almost smiling. Ahhh the memories..and then--


CHCHKCKHCKHCKHCKHC 
--THREE--TWO--ONE--

 Okay. I'm up....in nine more minutes.


1 comment:

  1. I totally remember you telling me about that. Weird.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!