26.10.09

Spicy Song Of The Week

Go ahead and hit play as you read this...the player is on the left!


One of my cousins is feeling the blow of a first breakup, my best friend has swine flu (probably), and I just heard a siren outside. My sister is in AFRICA, and I don't have a Halloween costume. Such chaos and heartbreak and stress and uncertainty. This world is going somewhere fast...except for me, who is just sitting on the couch, thinking that since I don't have a test until Friday, and no assignments due this week, I should probably be booking a flight to Mexico, right? I mean, why not?

I think we all need to chill out a bit. Stop stressing and pushing and fighting. Just Calm Down, Please. So many people are getting so caught up in the little details, they've forgotten how to relax and just smile for the sake of smiling--and I say 'forgotten' with the generous assumption that most people once did know how to step back, remember their priorities, and slap themselves in the face to bring themselves back to reality. Life is pretty big. We all seem to get so freakin' confused by life. Like a dyslexic child eating alphabet soup, our faces scrunch up and contort as we try to figure everything out at once. Don't. Please. It wears me out.

The point of life has to be the questions, because you'll never get the answers. Right? RIGHT?! Answer me!

hah.

The Weepies
Say I Am You

Keep on running guys. All life long. We'll see where you get. I don't want to 'grow up', or 'smarten up' or any of that. I swear we are all gonna die of cancer and heart attacks due to stress, and I'm not down for that. I smile for the sake of smiling, because then other people smile, and that's cool. I laugh, I relax (granted, I probably do that part too often...), and I try not to bottle stuff up. I don't worry excessively, and I take it as it comes. Go reach your high goals, but do it with a smile because you want to, or don't do it at all.



Can we all just calm down this week?

Sersly.

1 comment:

  1. hey. Just wanted to say that I love your song of the week. Thanks for being here.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!