21.10.09

Reading Between The Lines of Small Talk


 Hey.
 


(I know you don't really know me that well, and so this might seem kind of random but I wanted to ask you out to dinner for Friday--or Saturday if you're busy... But if you don't want to at all, that's cool too. Well..I'd be kinda disappointed...but...umm...anyways-- I know that's pretty forward considering we are sorta friends, but things don't have to get awkward, right? I realize that it kinda risks our chance of continuing to be friends, you knowing that i really like you--well, I don't really like you since that'd be silly--not because you're not likeable...because I like you--but I just barely know more than your name.)


How are you doing?
 


(I don't know if you feel the same way. I don't have a clue what is going on inside your head, but I thought I might as well get straight to the point. Not too say I can't be romantic or poetic. I can. But I'm no good at the games, you know? I can't read your mind and so i just try to speak mine clearly. I am trying to act casual and not say anything too edgy. But at the same time, I'm totally trying to impress you. Oh..but I'm also being myself...not that i'm just naturally an impressive guy, because i think i am...which i hope doesn't sound over confident...or edgy. Even though I am an edgy guy...i'd like to think. Oh man. what am I trying to say?)

That's Good. 


(I guess it's just that since the day I met you, you've caught my eye, and I've liked you more than I care to admit. But I guess i just did admit it, right? Is that creepy? Is that weird that I've liked you for so long but never properly told you? Does that make me look childish and weak? All I can do is tease you and make you laugh and give you almost meaningless compliments for fear you might read into it if I told you about your eyes or smile. How you warm my soul. And then you'd pull back. And if you don't want anything to happen, that's not the end of the world, I mean...Im not totally obsessed. Or at least, not in a creepy way. But I am crazy about you. You know? No? No..Of course you don't know. Nevermind.)


Talk to you later.



(I never know how much to say to you)
 



Nice to see you, by the way.



2 comments:

  1. This. Is. Awesome. Just. Like. YOU. Cuz. You're. An. Awesome. Possum. YOU. Awesome. Possum. YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!