5.11.09

At The Halloween Party:

Josh, with cousin Shaylen, enters the party house bearing a huge bag of Rockets (those amazing candies) while showing off an expertly carved pumpkin by Marya and himself of Spongebob:


A pretty girl sitting by herself on the couch looks slightly bored, and Josh feels somewhat obligated to erase any boredom. He sits down and says hey. And that's where this story begins.

Josh: Hey

Girl: Hi!

Josh: Cool decorations, hey? I just got here.

Girl: Yeah, I got here at 3pm..so I'm kinda bored now.

Josh: 3pm? That was 7 hours ago! Why'd you come so early?

Girl: I came here after work. I live in Cochrane, so I didn't want  to drive all the way home from work and then come back.

[This seems to be going moderately well. Josh knew that because she was still sitting beside him. Granted, it had only been 30 seconds.]

Josh: makes sense...where do you work?

Girl: A gynecology clinic down south

Josh: Oh wow! That's pretty intense.

Girl: Yeah, I see a lot of crazy things. Places you didn't even know you could tear: I've seen that. I'm definitely careful about birth control because I don't want that to happen to me.

Josh: [somewhat taken aback]..yeah..for sure.

Girl: And when I do have kids? I'll be getting a C-section. I've seen the after-effects and it can get pretty bad. I don't even want to tell you all the issues I've had to deal with. There's just so many things that can go wrong down there. It's a lot of paperwork, too.

Josh: ....um...


...want some Rockets?

----

2 comments:

  1. JOSH! You did NOT tell me about this!!!
    hahaha. I love people. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I love it. Soooo much. Cuz that's the kind of conversation I would start with some random about MY job, to hopefully freak him out in the same way. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!