3.11.09

Spicy Song Of The Week

I just discovered a whole ton of music on my iPod that I don't even know how it got there. I think it's because the Music Gods like me and bless me with a live feed of new music right into my iPod. Upon analyzing this new music, i found it was mostly acoustic. That's fine by me, except for it wasn't very original or inspiring acoustic music, which made me crave some high quality and fantastic acoustic music.

So I listened to the best acoustic music I could find...like..ever.
Excuse me while I
before we continue.


Yeah, it was bound to happen...the Spicy Song Of The Week is one we wrote. I just listened to Walking Backwards' second album, Clarity Amid The Chaos, today for the first time since....um...June? It was really enjoyable experience, and so I felt I oughta share our music with you guys.

There's a million stories behind this album. It was written by my cousin Darcy and I while traveling the world last year on Josh and Darcy's Epic Adventure. There's stories of bull fights, scams, death threats, canned tuna, camels, sleeping on park benches, and wine-throwing fights. I'll eventually finish writing my book about that adventure, but today we can just enjoy a song from the album.

The title, Clarity Amid The Chaos, was conceived by Darcy after reflecting about the most memorable and powerful moments of the 4 month trip. They were tiny moments that you had to catch and cling to, or you never would have noticed them. These little moments were Clarity. Whether we were puking in the Sahara or getting thrown around in the back of a bus while traveling bumpy roads in the foothills of the Himalayas, we found ourselves completely overwhelmed not by what was going on around us, but by simplicity of the big picture. We could be at complete peace, knowing that whatever will be will be, and we can't try to control everything.

When traveling through chaotic lands and cultures, you often have many moments of clarity. Times when you can focus your thoughts and gain insights that you wouldn't have been able to discover in the comfort of your home.

This little EP debuts the stuff we worked on during the trip. Moments of clarity amid the chaos.

Walking Backwards
Clarity Amid The Chaos

Fittingly, it's about the need to pick up the pieces of life and move on. Goodness, I plan these things well doncha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!