16.11.09

Spicy Song Of The Week

This song isn't one of my favorites or anything, but the lyrics are cool, and she sounds like Ingrid Michaelson.  I listen to Sarah Harmer to think of Ingrid. It's like song cheating. As author Chuck Klosterman said, cheating is not worth it because when you're with the first girl, you're thinking about how the other girl is better, and when you're with the second girl, you're hoping the first girl doesn't find out. I can think of a lot more reasons (and less selfish ones) why cheating is terrible...but...um..anyways wow..where did that come from?

I only know this song because of the compilation album called Pure(ly) Acoustic. It's a really cool album featuring acoustic versions of Fake Plastic Trees, Ocean Avenue by Yellow Card, and Chocolate by Snow Patrol. I coulda used a more well known song, but I like the more obscure tracks. I might actually throw the Yellow Card song into this playlist at some point. Act surprised when it comes, please.

Sarah Harmer
Pure(ly) Acoustic

The last line of this song is "I'm sleeping in."
Let's start a new expression. When something awesome happens, you can say "That's so new socks, man." Because everyone agrees, new socks is the best thing ever. Sleeping 13 hours last night was new socks.


There was some "i-looked-at-you-from-across-the-room-and-you-looked-at-me-and-smiled-and-then-we-looked-away-until-you-looked-at-me-and-i-pretended-not-to-notice-but-then-i-couldn't-help-it-and-smiled-back-and-you-looked-away-smiling-too" -ing going on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!