15.11.09

Haha...oh.

I'm stackin apples on a dreary Sunday morning (today), just waiting for time to stop kicking its feet and start racing along, when I see something that immediately makes me smile. A man walks into the department wearing those 'Groucho Marx' moustache glasses that we used to get at birthday parties when we were kids:



He looks pretty young, so I figure he's just doing it for a good laugh. I chuckle and nod at him, but he doesn't break character. He remains pompous and aloof, strolling slowly down the aisle with quiet determination. As he gets closer, I turn to say something to him and stop dead. They aren't glasses at all. That is his face. His real face. Like..dead on replica. He glared at me as I slowly turned around, unable to wipe the expression of confused shock off of my own face.


Working an auto show last year, two people came up to me and asked a couple questions about one of the cars. After a very brief talk, I said

J: "have a good day, sir."

Person: "What? I'm not a sir."

J: [Turns and walks away]

I've only been glared down with such murderous eyes a couple times in my life. But I tell you honestly, I'm still not sure if that person was lying for a joke, or maybe confused. You would  have made that mistake too. Although, I've got a long record of getting myself into these awkward situations...so yeah...She was probably a she, and I'm just looking for trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, it's fairly fantastic that you want to comment!